3 books everyone should read, especially if you identify as a woman.
They’re likely to change the way you view the world. It’s best you start reading them with an open mind. For each book I chose one quote that resonates with me and I hope gives you a sense of the book.
Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead by Tara Mohr
“Leaping. A leap meets these six criteria:
– It gets you playing bigger now, according to what playing bigger means to you.
– It can be started and finished within one to two weeks.
– It’s simple, an action you can describe in a short phrase.
– It gets your adrenaline flowing.
– It puts you in contact with those you want to read or influence.
– At its centre, it has a learning goal – a question you can answer by doing the leap.”
In the FLO: A 28-day plan working with your monthly cycle to do more and stress less by Alisa Vitti
“The same way your circadian clock plays a role in your daily bodily functions, your 28-day infradian clock influences your brain chemistry and physiology, providing you with unique gifts and strengths at different times of the month. (…) Natural cycle of creation: Initiation – Growth – Completion – Rest”
Reinventing Organizations: An Illustrated Invitation to Join the Conversation on Next-Stage Organizations by Frederic Laloux
“Wholeness: Organisations have always been places that encourage people to show up with a narrow “professional” self. Teal organisations have developed a consistent set of practices that invite us to drop the mask, reclaim our inner wholeness, and bring all of who we are to work.”
Let me know in the comments below what most resonated with you in these books.